Uploaded on Jan 15, 2012
The Secret Family of Jesus este un documentar incitant al anului 2006, creaţie a dr. Robert Beckford, care se dovedeşte a fi o critică destul de pertinentă şi curajoasă a unanimităţii doctrinei şi, mai ales, a dogmelor Bisericilor creştine, Romano-Catolică şi Ortodoxă, care au eliminat treptat din povestea creştină personaje primordiale ca rol şi contribuţie, cum ar fi Maria Magdalena şi rudele de sânge ale lui Iisus.
Sursa text & subtitrare: Marian Matei – antiiluzii.blogspot.com
Dr Robert Beckford
- Job title: Reader
- Dept: Theology & Religious Studies
- Tel: 01227 782262
- Campus: Canterbury
With particular research interests in Pentecostalism, Rastafari and black music culture, Dr. Beckford interrogates the intersection(s) between religious experience, cultural expression and political action. With a concern for radical praxis, social justice and building inclusive communities Dr. Beckford researches in written and visual texts and has won awards for religious and political documentary film productions on commercial television stations including Channel 4, BBC 2, BBC4 and Discovery USA
- Beckford, R. (2012) Documentary as Exorcism: Resisting the Bewitchment of Colonial Christianity, London: Continuum (forthcoming).
- Beckford, R. (2006) Jesus Dub: Culture: Faith and Social Change, London: Routledge.
- Beckford, R. (2004) God and the Gangs: Urban ToolkitFor Those Who Won’t Be Bought Out, Sold Out or Scared Out, London: Darton Longman and Todd.
- Beckford, R. (2003) God of the Rhatid: Redeeming Rage, London: Darton Longman and Todd.
- Beckford, R. (2000) Dread and Pentecostal: A Political Theology for the Black Church in Britain, London: SPCK.
- Beckford, R. (1998) Jesus is Dread: Black Theology and Black Culture in Britain, London: Darton, Longman and Todd.
Chapters in Books
- Beckford, R. (2010) Revelation for Radicals. In Books of the Bible. London: Darton Longman and Todd.
- Beckford, R. (2009) Black Suit Matters: Faith, Politics and Representation in the Religious Documentary. In A. Pinn (ed.) Black Theology and Aesthetics,USA: Pelgrave.
- Beckford, R. (2007) House Negro with a Field Negro Mentality: New Positions in Black Popular Culture. In G. Lynch (ed.) Between the Sacred and Profane: Researching Religion and Popular Culture. London I.B. Tauris.
- Beckford, R. (1999) Black Pentecostals and Black Politics. In A. Anderson (ed.) Pentecostals After A Century. Sheffield Academic Press.
- Beckford R. (1997) Jesus is Dread: Black Cultures, Liberation and Mission. In L. Price (ed.) Mission Matters. Frankfurt: Peter Lang.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Beckford, R. (2008) More Dread: Ten Year Anniversary of Jesus is Dread. Black Theology An International Journal. 6 (2), 3-11.
- Beckford, R. (2002) Prophet of Dub: Dub as a Heuristic for Theological Reflection. Black Theology an International Journal. 1 (1), 67-82.
- Beckford, R. (2001) Theology in the Age of Crack Cocaine: Prosperity Doctrine and Being There. Black Theology in Britain. 4 (1) 9-24.
- Beckford, R. (2000) Doing BlackTheology in the UKKK. Black Theology in Britain: Journal of Contextual Praxis. 4 (1), 38-60.
- Beckford, R. (1996) Black Male Sexual Representation and Christology. Journal of Theology and Sexuality. 5 (1) 6-16.
- Beckford, R. (1995) Do the Massai have a point? Black Sexual Representation and Pastoral Care. Contact. 118, 22-31.
- Beckford, R. (2010), ‘God Don’t Live Here Anymore: Barak Obama and Religion’, BBC2.
- Beckford, R. (2010), ‘Revelation’, programme 7 The Bible: A History, Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. (2009), ‘The Dark Ages’, programme 3 The History of Christianity, Channel 4
- Beckford, R. (2008), ‘The Secrets of the 12 Disciples’, Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. (2008), ‘The Nativity,’ Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. (2008), ‘Hidden Jerusalem’, Discovery USA.
- Beckford, R. (2007), ‘The Hidden Story of Jesus’, Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. (2007), ‘The Great African Scandal’, Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. (2006), ‘The Secret Family of Jesus’, Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. (2006),‘God Gave Rock and Roll to You?’ Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. I2006), ‘Ghetto Britain’, Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. (2005), ‘The Real Patron Saints’, Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. (2005), ‘Faith and the Fury: Cinema and Religion’, Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. (2005), ‘The Empire Pays Back’, Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. (2005), ‘Gospel Truth’, Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. (2004), ‘Who Wrote the Bible?’ Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. (2003), ‘God is Black’, Channel 4.
- Beckford, R. (2003), ‘The British Empire Museum’, BBC4.
- Beckford, R. (2001), ‘Test of Time’, BBC2.
- Beckford, R. (2001), ‘Blood and Fire’, BBC2.
- Beckford, R. (1999), ‘Britain’s Slave Past’, Programme 2, Channel 4.
- Clash of the Sound Systems – A history of Jamaican Sounds Systems in Britain (BBC Radio 2, 2005)
- Maroon Rebels – A History of Jamaican’s anti-colonial freedom fighters (BBC Radio 3, 2006)
- A History of the Voice Newspaper (BBC Radio 2, 2007)
- Where Do White People Come From? The Roots and Routes of white people (BBC World Service 2012)
- With Kwame Kwei-Armah, Father Son and Holy Ghost (BBC Radio 3, 2012)
His current research projects include collaboration with urban artists, dramatists and filmmakers to identify black Christologies in urban Britain.
Also, an international collaboration with Jamaican academics to examine the spirituality, politics and theology of Birmingham’s Rastafari reggae band, Steel Pulse.
Current PhD supervision includes:
- The spirituality of Jamaican reggae dancehall culture
- A theology of Grime (UK hip hop)
- Bernie Grant MP – The beginning and end of black politics in the Labour Party in Britain